CommuniTech functions on your donations. Whether you can help by donating hardware, financial assistance, or something else, we appreciate your donation. Thank you for considering us when donating, and remember that any donations you can provide will be tax-deductible. Also, all operating systems and sensitive data are wiped from machines as soon as we receive them. If you are uncomfortable with entrusting us with your data destruction, please erase it yourself or we can simply take out the hard drive and hand it back to you immediately.
At this time, we are accepting machines with the following specifications or better:
- PC (Windows, Linux) Desktops with Pentium 4s and 256MB ram (512 preferred).
- PC (Windows, Linux) Laptops with Core Duo processors (approximately 2006).
- Mac Desktops or Laptops with Intel processors (2006 or after).
- LCD Monitors (flat panel). Any size monitor is appreciated.
- Let us know if you have other equipment (photocopiers, printers, scanners, etc.) and we will let you know if we are able to accept them.
For small donations, we would prefer that you work with us to arrange a time to drop them off at our storage facility (35th and Sansom Streets, Philadelphia). For larger donations, we may be able to organize a pickup at your facility, thanks to the kindness of our sponsor ESAC. Please contact us and we will be in touch.
All donations are tax-deductible. Please ask us ahead of time for a tax receipt and we will prepare it for you. If you have donations that do not fit our standards, please contact our good friends, the National Cristina Foundation. Thank you for your gracious contributions.